Last Updated: September 07, 2023, 19:49 IST
The Indian Navy has scaled up its inter-school quiz competition at different stations to a national-level event to commemorate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. And now, with India assuming the G20 presidency this year, The Indian Navy Quiz (THINQ) has been rebuilt into an international event labelled ‘G20 THINQ’.
The event is being conducted by the navy under the aegis of the G20 Secretariat and in partnership with the Navy Welfare and Wellness Association (NWWA) and will have two levels — national and international.
G20 THINQ | All Details Here
- The national round of the G20 THINQ will see the participation of schoolchildren in Classes 9 to 12. Over 11,700 schools have registered for the quiz.
- Two online elimination rounds will be held, the first on September 12 and the second on October 3, followed by an online quarter-final on October 10, from which 16 teams will qualify for the semi-final round (four schools from each zone).
- The semi-finalists will converge at Mumbai for the national semi-finals at the NCPA auditorium on November 17.
- Top eight teams will subsequently be in a battle of wits in the national final round planned to be held at the Gateway of India on November 18.
- On completion of the national round, two best quizzers among all finalists will be chosen to represent India in the international round.
- The international round of G20 THINQ will see a representation of young and bright minds from across the world – students that will strengthen Bridges of Friendship within G20 partners. This round will see the participation of teams from G20+9 nations, each team comprising of two students.
- All delegates, including the 16 national semi-finalists and international participants, will have the opportunity to experience India’s diverse heritage and culture during their visit and will be taken to various popular sites and locations in the country.
- The international finals are planned to be held on November 22 in Delhi.
How to Register
A dedicated website – www.theindiannavyquiz.in – has also been made for G20 THINQ to streamline the registration process for schools.
As India hands over the G20 baton to Brazil on December 1, the G20 THINQ will be the concluding chapter of a series of significant events held since December 22. It will serve as a remarkable finale to India’s Presidency that witnessed many unique achievements of the G20 at the global level.